Sunday, November 11, 2012

17th POST: TO THE M-E-H VIPERS

   I was invited to the MEH (Morrisville-Eaton-Hamilton) football team's end of the year banquet. I had wanted to speak, like Coach Gary Morris, from my heart.  Coach Morris stated when you speak from your heart, you mean it.  So I decided I would say what I wanted to say here...

    First of all, although I am not your parent or uncle, I am very proud of you all.  You have come a long way, and you have worked very hard. You have put forth the desire to win, and did what was possible to win.  Six straight wins this year!! Do I need to say more?

    I've seen how you have grown as a team and as young men.  Two or three years ago, you were considered a "joke" in the league.  Now, because of your hard work and determination, you are a team that should not be taken lightly.  Your play on the field, and winning season impressed me.  What impressed me even more is that you wore the pink socks for breast cancer awareness the whole season. To me, that made a statement of what kind of heart you have. It shows you have compassion.  It shows you have empathy for the circumstances of a teammate's family member. It shows real class.  That is something to be proud of.

    To the seniors.... I wish you the best in whatever you decide to do in the future.  Whatever that is, do it the very best you can. Make a difference in someone's life, and it'll make a difference in yours.

    To the rest of the M-E-H Vipers....keep working hard.  Never give up.  Stay determined, and know that there are people who believe in you...
Always strive to do the best you can. When you have done the best you can do, you should NEVER hang your head.

    It's a pleasure to be your announcer.  You should be very proud of what you have done this season.  I can see better things to come in future seasons.


Sincerely (and a fan,)
Mr. Lemery



No comments:

Post a Comment